Hon. George Alli Presents Budget of N 3.88 Billion to Otukpo Legislative Assembly, for the 2018 year.
By Desmond Oogwu
The Honourable Chairman of Otukpo Local Government Council, Hon. Chief George Alli, earlier today, Thursday March 15h, 2018, presented a budget tagged, “Budget of Redemption” to the Otukpo Legislative Assembly. The proposed budget for the 2018 fiscal year stood at (3,888,764,410)
The above is made up of Recurrent Expenditure and Capital Expenditure.
Recurrent expenditure includes Salaries: wages, Pension, Gratuity, Death benefits, overhead cost, grants etc while capital expenditure included all the specified projects for the same year.
Presenting the budget before the Assembly, Hon. Alli said the budget is a budget of reparation and reposession of the infrastructural lost ground as well as reordering of better future for the people of Otukpo Local Government.
The funding for the proposed budget is expected to be sourced from the Federation account, Internally Generated Revenue (IGR), Grants, etc.
Hon. George Alli also said the current budget gives the Council an opportunity to build on the gains so far recorded from its inherited 2017 budget. He listed projects that was started and successfully concluded under the 2017 budget to include the following:
1. The completed building of a block of two classrooms primary school in Akpachi.
2. Building and Completion of Health clinic in Adoka.
3. Establishment of Otukpo Integrated Land Information system (OTILS), located within the Council.
4. Building and completion of Health Clinic in Otobi Akpa.
5. Completion of rural lectrification project in Amla, Otukpo.
6. Kitting and provision of Jerseys to Otukpo United FC.
8. Procurement of Brand new truck for Otukpo Vigilante Service group.
9. Building and completion of the Otukpo Fire Service Station.
10. Grading of 2 kilometers road at Efei, Ugboju.
11. Opening and grading of Otobi Olalekpe road.
12. Grading of Asa Camp 3 road.
The charismatic, visionary Chairman thanked the Otukpo Legislative Assembly for standing by him and his team, saying he was able to achieve all he was able to accomplish because of the enabling environment members of the Assembly had given him and his team. He also thanked the Council for the opportunity given him to present the budget to the House.
Responding, The Deputy Majority Leader, Hon. Matthew Idu thanked the Chairman for his presentation, saying indeed the Chairman is a sacrificial leader whose leadership skills and styles has been a source of pride for the people of Otukpo Local Government Council.
Majority leader, Hon. Godwin Adeka moved the motion for the Chairman to take his leave for other legislative business of the day.
The chairman, Hon. George Alli, immediately after the budget presentation, headed straight to Okpoga to attend the funeral mass held for the victims of last week Fulani heardsmen attack in Okpokwu.